We are nearing the July 1st deadline for those interested in completing in the Adult Team Challenge during the American Eventing Championships to submit their Letter of Intent to USEA
USEA Adult Team Championships
August 29 – September 3, 2023 • Kentucky Horse Park
The USEA Adult Team Championships (ATC) is the capstone event for the USEA Area Adult Team Challenges. The ATC provides adults with the chance to compete as a team and represent their Area in a friendly and fun environment.
In order to compete at the USEA Adult Team Championships at Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY, August 29-September 3, 2023, please read the following National Qualifications for Entry. Additionally, each area will have its own qualification standards which can be viewed below.
Qualifications for Entry into the USEA Adult Team Championships (National)
- The qualifying period for each horse and rider pair is May 23, 2022 – August 15, 2023
- Horses and riders must be members/registered with the USEA at the time of achieving qualifications and during the USEA Adult Team Championships.
- All riders must be 22 years of age or older.
- Closing dates will be consistent with the USEA American Eventing Championships (AEC).
- Each horse and rider pair must meet AEC qualifications for the level they are competing in.
- The rider must be a current Adult Rider Member for their Area by July 1, 2023.
- Letter of Intent must be submitted by the opening date of the AEC (July 18, 2023)
- Each Area may have up to eight teams, with a maximum of 35 riders at the USEA Adult Team Championships, in the BN, N, T, P. Additionally, with the new Modified level for ATC, Areas may have up to 8 additional riders (above the 35) if those riders are at the Modified Level only.
- All teams should be coordinated through the Area Adult Rider Coordinator(s).
- The Adult Team Challenge teams should be composed only of riders competing in the Amateur divisions and/or the Rider specific divisions hosted at the USEA American Eventing Championships. Riders competing in the Horse divisions should not be placed on ATC teams.
Area VIII Qualifications
Area VIII will not require additional criteria beyond the National Qualifications for Entry into the USEA Adult Team Championships. Look for information on the Area VIII website (www.usea8.org). All teams must be coordinated through the Area VIII Adult Rider Coordinator.