September 25-27, 2020
Area 8 Eventing Championships will be held at Jump Start Horse Trials September 25-27, 2020 at the Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY.
- Area 8 Eventing Championships will be offered at Intermediate, Preliminary, Training, Novice and Beginner Novice levels.
- Divisions Offered will be: Open Intermediate, Open, Amateur and JR/YR Preliminary, Open, Amateur and JR Beginner Novice through Training, as long as entries warrant. Small entry divisions may be combined with Open. In Intermediate and any combined divisions, prizes will be awarded for the first eight placings Overall; as well as the highest placing Adult Riders and Young Riders. To compete for the Adult or Young Riders awards, competitors must be a member of Area 8 no later than the opening date for entries: August 11, 2020. Amateurs must be registered as Amateurs with USEA prior to entry submission.
- All entries for the USEA Area 8 Eventing Championships must be submitted to the Jump Start organizing committee as described in the omnibus by the closing date: September 9, 2020.
- Area 8 Eventing Championships is open to horses and riders who, as a combination, are qualified by placing 1st through 5th at any recognized USEA competition. AND the below criteria:
- Riders must be members of USEA Area 8 as determined by their address of record with the USEA or declaration of Area.
- NEW* Qualifying Period : March 1, 2019 to September 9, 2020.
Clarification of eligibility for the Intermediate division (only) for Area VIII Championships. These will be exactly as it is for AEC:
Horses and riders, not necessarily as a combination, during the qualifying period, will qualify to compete in this division when they have completed competitions, without cross-country jump penalties, a minimum of two, in any combination of the following:
• USEA recognized Intermediate Horse Trials (including Area Championships)
Qualified Competitors List for all levels will be maintained on Area 8 website.
Qualified Competitors List
UPDATED LIST COMING SOON
Please contact USEA directly with any questions on your qualifications.