SEPTEMBER 2-4, 2022
It’s not too early to start thinking about championship season! A great goal for riders of all levels, the individual Area Championships held across all of the USEA Areas offer a top-notch championship atmosphere at some of your favorite local venues. The 2022 Area Championships calendar has been solidified, so take a look at the information and qualification requirements to plan out the rest of your competition calendar with championships in mind.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL
- All Area Championship competitors must be current USEA Members.
- All qualifying competitions must be USEA registered horse trials, three-day events, or CCIs.
- Divisions must have five or more starters to count as qualifying competitions.
- No horse may compete in more than one championship in a calendar year. This restriction does not include the AEC or any national championship.
- Beginner Novice divisions will not count as qualifiers for the Novice division.
- List the qualifying competitions on the entry form.
NOTE: Whips are not permitted to be carried in the dressage test at USEF/USEA Championships or USEA Area Championship divisions.
AREA VIII CHAMPIONSHIPS
(Intermediate, Preliminary, Training, Novice, and Beginner Novice)
PARK EQUINE KENTUCKY CLASSIQUE H.T., SEPTEMBER 2-4, 2022
Placing to Qualify: 1st through 5th in any Area.
Riders must be members of USEA Area VIII as determined by their address of record with the USEA or declaration of Area.
To compete for the Adult and Young Riders awards competitors must be a member of the Area 8 Adult Rider or Area 8 Young Rider program no later than opening date for entries: July 19, 2022.
Intermediate Competitors: Eligibility for the Intermediate division (only), will be the qualification requirements of the AEC.
Qualifying Period: 10/4/2021 – 8/15/2022
For a detailed account of Area VIII Championship policies and specifications, including residency requirements, go to www.usea8.org.