This is an opportunity for the sport to recognize those horses and riders who excelled in Eventing throughout the year. It is also an opportunity to recognize and honor the very important people who have served the sport tirelessly both in a non-riding capacity and riding capacity during their golden years.
While it is a simple matter of tabulating points earned in a competition to arrive at horse and rider awards, it is a very different proposition when it comes to the non-rider awards; these awards require nominations from our members.
The Appreciation Awards Committee is currently accepting nominations for the awards listed below. If you know someone who is deserving of one of these awards, please submit your nominations for consideration to:
Cathy Forsberg, Chairman of the USEA Appreciation Awards Committee
c/o USEA Attn: Hannah Seagle
Fax: (703) 779-0550.
Deadline for nominations: Sunday, October 31, 2021
The Annual Awards Ceremony will be held during the USEA Annual Meeting and Convention. Further details regarding the awards reception dinner will be announced in the near future.
APPRECIATION AWARDS CATEGORIES:
• Courtney C. Reeves Memorial Trophy: Awarded to the young individual who exemplifies sportsmanship, the spirit of the sport, and who gives back to the sport.
• Ironmaster Trophy: Awarded to the individual that exemplifies fortitude and courage. Open to anyone associated with the sport as a volunteer, spectator, official, trainer, competitor, groom, or groundskeeper.
• Vintage Cup: Awarded to members 60-years of age and over who are competing at any level in recognized USEA competitions and who show good sportsmanship.
• Sue Hershey Award: The Sue Hershey Award honors an ICP Certified Instructor, who exemplifies the values, commitment, and character of the ICP program and who has inspired students in the sport of eventing, with their instruction, encouragement and long-term dedication to teaching correct horsemanship and stable management skills.
• Cornerstone Instructor’s Award: Awarded to the grassroots instructor who for 20 years or more has taught good horsemanship skills and the love of the sport to the next generation of eventers. Here you will find a list of previous recipients.
NOMINATION FOR CONSIDERATION IS TO INCLUDE:
Name of award, name of nominee, address of nominee, USEA area, age (if applicable) and, reason for the nomination. The Reason for the nomination should include a concise, but detailed biography of your nominee, clearly describing the attributes that pay tribute to the criteria of the award up for consideration.
If your nominee is selected, a photo will also be required. To make this experience exciting for both the recipients and attendees of the Awards Dinner, the names selected will be kept a secret until the award is presented. Although it may not be an easy task, we ask those making the nomination to ensure that the candidate is able to attend the Awards Dinner.