Area 8 Adult Rider Program members (current members listed on this website, if you are entering the AEC’s and would like to ride on an Adult Team Challenge (ATC) Team please email Shannon Risner at firstname.lastname@example.org your intent to ride on a team by Friday, July 24th, 20209). Include your name, your horse’s name, and the level you are entering (ATC teams are made up of only RIDER and AMATEUR DIVISIONS!). Area 8 is limited to the number of teams – your selection for a team will is dependent upon you contacting Shannon Risner on your intent! The Adult Rider Program’s council will determine the selection process, should there be more entries than the allowed team spots.
PLEASE PUT “A8 ATC TEAMS” AS THE STABLING GROUP ON YOUR STABLING FORM!!! WE WOULD LIKE AREA 8 TEAMS TO STABLE TOGETHER!
Information on the ATC at the AEC can be found here:
Area VIII Qualifications
- Area VIII is using the qualifications as stated for the national ATC.
- Rider must be a current member of their Area VIII Adult Rider Program by the ATC closing date.
- Maximum of 32 riders from Area VII may participate
- Identify your intent to compete at the ATC to the Area VIII Adult Rider Coordinator by the ATC closing date. All teams must be coordinated through the Area VIII Adult Rider Coordinator.
USEA Adult Team Championships
August 25 – August 30, 2020 • The Kentucky Horse Park
The USEA Adult Team Championships (ATC) is the capstone event for the USEA Area Adult Team Challenges. The ATC provides adults with the chance to compete as a team and represent their Area in a friendly and fun environment.
About the Adult Team Championships
The USEA Adult Team Challenges have been generously sponsored by The Chronicle of the Horse for more than 20 years. The Challenges have given adult riders a chance to compete in a friendly team competition. For many years, the Challenges were held annually in different locations (Eastern, Central, and Western) around the United States, but in an effort to re-energize the program, the membership of the USEA voted to change the overall model of the program. Starting in 2014, every Area was encouraged to hold Adult Team Challenges to offer adult riders the opportunity to compete in team competitions leading up to the USEA Adult Team Championships held at the USEA American Eventing Championships. As a result, Adult Team Challenges were no longer isolated to the three challenges around the country. Instead, there may be as many as 10 opportunities to compete in a Challenge, with a final occurring at the Adult Team Championship at the AEC!
The 2020 calendar of Adult Team Challenges is to be determined. If your event would like to host an Adult Team Challenge, please email Kate Lokey at KLokey@USEventing.com.
- Preliminary Team Championship
- Training Team Championship
- Novice Team Championship
- Beginner Novice Team Championship
USEA Adult Team Championships Area Team Selection Procedures
Each Area will have different procedures to identify teams selected to compete at the USEA Adult Team Championships. Interested adult riders are encouraged to contact their Area Adult Rider Coordinator for selection procedures specific to their Area.
USEA Adult Team Championship Rider Support
Many Areas are planning to provide sponsorship, support, and in some cases travel assistance to teams identified to represent them. More information coming soon.
USEA Adult Team Championships Prizes
$2,000 per level prize money was secured for 2019 ATC. Prizes for the 2020 ATC will be announced when they are available.
In order to compete at the USEA Adult Team Championships at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky, August 25-August 30, 2020, please read the following National Qualifications for Entry. Additionally, each area will have its own qualification standards which can be viewed below.
Qualifications for Entry into the USEA Adult Team Championships (National)
- The qualifying period for each horse and rider pair is March 1, 2019 – August 18, 2020.
- Horses and riders must be members/registered with the USEA at the time of achieving qualifications and during the USEA Adult Team Championships.
- All riders must be 22 years of age or older (born in or before 1997).
- Closing dates will be consistent with the USEA American Eventing Championships.
- Each horse and rider pair must meet AEC qualifications for the level they are competing in.
- The rider must be a current Adult Rider Member for their Area by the closing date of the Adult Team Championship.
- Each Area can have up to eight teams of four riders at the USEA Adult Team Championship.
- All teams should be coordinated through the Area Adult Rider Coordinator(s).
- The Adult Team Challenge teams should be composed only of riders competing in the Amateur divisions and/or the Rider specific divisions hosted at the USEA American Eventing Championships. Riders competing in the Horse divisions should not be placed on ATC teams.
- Mixed Area teams are allowed and encouraged. All horse and rider pairs without a full team of 3-4 members must be identified by the Area Adult Rider Coordinators as qualified and willing to compete and submitted to the USEA for inclusion on a mixed team.